Statistical Methods for Data Analysis | Research Techniques & Applications

“The sexy job in the next 10 years will be statisticians!” – Hal Varian, chief economist at Google, could not have been more correct when he said this sentence in the early 2000s.

The knowledge about statistical methods for the analysis of large data sets is becoming more and more important for a modern curriculum vitae.

On statisticsglobe.com, you can learn how to use the techniques that are currently up to date in the research fields of statistics and data science – and even more important – how to apply these methods with modern statistical software such as R or Python.

List of Statistics Tutorials

In the following, you can find a list of statistics and data science tutorials that I have published on statisticsglobe.com. At the moment, the tutorials are mainly covering the handling of missing data and related topics. However, in the near future I will add further topics to the list. In the tutorials, I am explaining the theoretical concepts and show some practical applications for the different methods.

The Most Important Methods in Statistics & Data Science

Admittedly, the list of available statistical methods is huge. As a beginner, it therefore makes sense to learn some of the most important techniques first and then move on from there.

If you want to get a first overview about some of the most important statistical concepts, I can recommend the following video tutorial of the YouTube channel The Doctoral Journey. The speaker, Dr. Amanda J. Rockinson-Szapkiw, is explaining some basic descriptive and inferential methods.

Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.

YouTube Content Consent Button Thumbnail

YouTube privacy policy

If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.

Subscribe to the Statistics Globe Newsletter

Get regular updates on the latest tutorials, offers & news at Statistics Globe.
I hate spam & you may opt out anytime: Privacy Policy.

18 Comments. Leave new

• Oluwafemi Oyedele
    August 5, 2021 8:33 am

Hi, please can you do a tutorial on machine learning?

• Hey Oluwafemi,

Thanks a lot for your comment!

I have planned to create machine learning tutorials since a very long time. Unfortunately, I never found the time to do it.

However, this is definitely something that I have planned for the future!

I’ll keep you updated.

Joachim

• How to get R program software for hp laptop, I downloaded on but not opening on my laptop

• How do you install R

• Mr. Joachim,
    Really a wonderful and useful educational site. Well done!
    Best regards

• Amos Bouskila
    November 4, 2021 3:20 am

I enjoy your very clear tutorials and refer my students to them. I realize you are offering at this stage basic statistics tutorials, so it will probably take a while till you get to a tutorial on the following topic, but I wonder if you have a recommendation for an R package that can perform non-parametric Repeated Measures ANOVA with at least three within factor and one between factor. Thanks!

• Hey Amos,

First of all thanks a lot for the very kind feedback, and for sharing my tutorials with your students! This is great to hear. 🙂

Regarding your question: Unfortunately I don’t have such a tutorial yet, and I’m also not an expert on this topic.

However, you may ask your question in the Statistics Globe Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/statisticsglobe

In this group, many skilled people are participating, so I think it’s very likely that somebody has a good suggestion.

By the way, this group might also be a good recommendation for your students in case they have any statistics or R related questions.

I hope that helps!

Joachim

• Hello Joachim, may you do a tutorial on how to combine two NetCDF files and make them one continuous file.

Thanks

• Hey Joachim, can you help us with a tutorial about Mixed Models?
    Pls

• Hey Johana,

Thank you for the topic suggestion! Unfortunately, I’m not an expert on mixed models, but I’ll put it on my to-do list for future tutorials.

Regards,
      Joachim

• Hi Joachim,
    I am at the very beginning in learning programming with R.
    Your examples are precise, short and clear.
    They helped me many times.
    Big thanks for that!

• Ganesh Patil
    June 9, 2022 10:52 am

Hi Joachim,

Thank you very much for spreading this knowledge to everyone. Just a small request, If you prepare some videos on Bioinformatics data analysis, Genotypic and Phenotypic data analysis with examples, then it will be a great treat for the Life science students and researchers.

• Hey Ganesh,

Thank you very much for the kind words and the topic suggestion!

I’m not an expert on this field, but I will hopefully be able to do some collaborations on this in the future. 🙂

Regards,